Keep your family safe by looking out for these signs.
Mold can be dangerous to anyone’s health, no matter where they live. Mold gives off mycotoxins as well as spores and allergens, which are also harmful. All of these are dangerous if you breathe them in or touch them.
Mold could be growing in your home and you might not even know it. Mold symptoms can take up to six months to show up, so the only way to know for sure is to take a test or have a professional come look at your home. If you think someone in your household might have been exposed, here are five common signs to look out for:
Five Signs You Might Have Mold in Your Home

1) Allergic reactions: One of the most common signs of mold exposure is an allergic reaction. If you have a mold allergy or think someone else in your home does, look out for symptoms like sneezing, stuffy nose, and watery or red eyes.

2) Coughing: A person who has been exposed to mold may have a cough that doesn’t go away. This happens because most molds have mycotoxins in them. If you cough all day long and can’t figure out why, it could be because of something in your home.

3) Tiredness: If someone has been exposed to mold, they may feel tired. Mold exposure makes people tired and may make it hard for them to focus on daily tasks they need to do.

4) Difficulty breathing: You may find it hard to breathe in your home or in an area where there is an infestation. This is because most molds have mycotoxins that get into the air when they grow or when water pipes or drain pipes leak. If you can’t catch your breath when you leave these places, there may be a problem in your house that needs to be fixed right away by someone who knows what they’re doing.

5) Feeling annoyed. This is the most common sign, but it can be hard to notice. After being around mold in your home for a few hours, you might feel grumpy or angry. This means that you have been exposed for longer than usual. You should take care of this as soon as possible before the symptoms get worse!

If any of these things are happening in your home, you should talk to a doctor about mold exposure right away. The sooner you figure out what’s wrong and fix it, the better off you’ll be. Getting rid of mold as soon as possible is very important if you have allergy-prone children under 18 living with you.

error: Content is protected !!